Filter Socks / Auto Top Off - Frustrations

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else hate the filter socks? I have the 220.6 and absolutely dislike how the socks get backed up after even just a day or so. Then the water level rises which in turn reduces the water level in the return column, thus toping off more RO/DI water than is needed.. reducing the salinity of the entire system. If anyone has found a work around, or simply just removed the socks, please let me know. Seems like a massive waste of space for the two socks.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably can use a different micron sock? Downside of that is it won't be the same level of filtration, so your skimmer or refugium may need to pick up the slack from using a higher micron rated sock.

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with mine. I replaced the socks and noticed that they lasted longer before cleaning. This made me realize that I needed to clean them better so they wouldn't clog as fast

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try a couple of these and some polyfil, easier to clean/dispose and they can last a bit longer if you thin the polyfil a bit (not recommended but if you are cleaning them every day definitely go thinner). Still all filter media should be changed every 3 or 4 days so i guess max would be 2-5 days IMO

Back