Filter socks ruined?

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

My partner didn't notice my clean filters socks at the bottom of our washing machine. So continued to throw normal washing onto, and obviously added washing powder to the machine.

Would you chuck these filter socks away now or would a rinse or 2 sort them out?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first run them all through a rinse cycle (twice), then wash as you normally do (possibly twice) - with an extended rinse cycle as well. Then let them air dry and you should be good to go.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

My partner didn't notice my clean filters socks at the bottom of our washing machine. So continued to throw normal washing onto, and obviously added washing powder to the machine.

Would you chuck these filter socks away now or would a rinse or 2 sort them out?

felt or mesh? A good wash with bleach, vinegar, or citrus acid and I would be happy using them.

Washing the socks in a washing machine is going to leave traces of washing powder anyway, so I can’t see why a good wash in the above would leave any extra contamination on the socks that wouldn’t have already been on them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back