Filtration Help for IM 25 Lagoon

Dan1788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a used IM 25 tank with 1 caddy but no filtration or media in it, what should I put in it? and should I buy another caddy for it?
Don't mess about with a full basket just one of the ones that holds floss.
Bac block in the back and a return with water changes
I did bubble scrub on mine at night for 3 hours as well but I don't think it had any bearing on anything really.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some, just removed them, up to now there is no difference with the tank, just one less thing to collect detritus and clean, I’ll post back in a few days if things change with me having removed them. But up to now, glad they are gone.

I’m now putting the media back, my nitrates have increased to 25 previously they were a constant 12.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you change the carbon and purigen?

Purigen is exhausted when it turns a dark brown colour.

Carbon is not so clear, some use little and change often, some a bit more and change monthly.

Checking how clear your water change water is when removing it is a good way to determine when to change.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and have 2 caddies one on each end , I have filter floss in both purigen in one chemi clean blue in one and some rock rubble. I also have the IM nano desk too protein skimmer and of course the heater back there. I change the floss when I do a water change which is every 2 weeks, my tank has been up and running for almost a year.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and have 2 caddies one on each end , I have filter floss in both purigen in one chemi clean blue in one and some rock rubble. I also have the IM nano desk too protein skimmer and of course the heater back there. I change the floss when I do a water change which is every 2 weeks, my tank has been up and running for almost a year.
I’m thinking of running what you have in mine Idk if the purigen and carbon are doing enough to keep the water clear

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of running what you have in mine Idk if the purigen and carbon are doing enough to keep the water clear
Also does filter floss leave like some white film on the caddy? Ive never used floss before until I set up this tank. Also what rubble are you running and do you put it in the bottom caddy? And for the chemipure do you run the full dose for you tank or half the dose?

Back