Filtration Help for Nuvo 25 AIO

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run some carbon and bio media (like Marine Pure) in the caddy.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Nuvo 30L, I have tried both the IM filter caddy as well as the inTank caddy.
I run inTank filter floss up top on both caddies. On the left side caddy I have a small chaeto refugium and on the right caddy I have a Chemipure blue bag in the bottom compartment.

Recently I ditched the chaeto since it got fried by my light when I was away and now am running some ceramic for added biofiltration surface area.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Nuvo 30L, I have tried both the IM filter caddy as well as the inTank caddy.
I run inTank filter floss up top on both caddies. On the left side caddy I have a small chaeto refugium and on the right caddy I have a Chemipure blue bag in the bottom compartment.

Recently I ditched the chaeto since it got fried by my light when I was away and now am running some ceramic for added biofiltration surface area.
Is the chaeto refugium better than the ceramic?

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the chaeto refugium better than the ceramic?
Well they both do different things in a way, chaeto can help stabilize pH after lights out and eliminate more phosphates while more biofiltration is just assisting the typical nitrogen fixing cycle.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they both do different things in a way, chaeto can help stabilize pH after lights out and eliminate more phosphates while more biofiltration is just assisting the typical nitrogen fixing cycle.
So the tank only came with 1 caddy and no filter sock, should I buy another caddy or run a filter sock?

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So get another caddy and run some biofilter in the bottom with filter floss in the top 2 chambers?
Yes get an additional caddy. Put filter floss in the top portion.
Don't rush into putting stuff into the other portions just yet see what the needs of your tank are. I suppose some substrate couldn't hurt but don't go crazy until you see what you need.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back