Fin rot

Wantsomemora Acrapora

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
75
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 new swallowtail angelfish. They both have come down with fin rot. I am on Day 3 of Kanaplex fortified food (I have 3 tiger conches and 2 blood shrimp so not doing whole tank treatment). Looks bad on 1 fish. Other fish are not affected so far. Any Ideas?

IMG_9341.jpeg
 
I have 2 new swallowtail angelfish. They both have come down with fin rot. I am on Day 3 of Kanaplex fortified food (I have 3 tiger conches and 2 blood shrimp so not doing whole tank treatment). Looks bad on 1 fish. Other fish are not affected so far. Any Ideas?

IMG_9341.jpeg
This looks to be damage from nipping/bullying by another tank mate. What other fish are in with it?
You will need to identify aggressor and separate it or at least separate this fish from aggressor
 
This looks to be damage from nipping/bullying by another tank mate. What other fish are in with it?
You will need to identify aggressor and separate it or at least separate this fish from aggressor
It is not damage from aggression. I believe it is bacterial and/or fungal.
 
It is not damage from aggression. I believe it is bacterial and/or fungal.

Can you post a clearer picture? This may be lymphocystis. If so, it won’t require treatment.

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/lymphocystis-cauliflower-disease.1121/
I also see possible aggression damage - are you certain that this isn’t happening when you aren’t watching? Fish can be pretty sly …..

Don’t use kanaplex orally! That can cause kidney failure if you don’t get the dose exactly right (30 to 50 mg per kg of fish mass).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new