OP
OP
tcoyle

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this gash, looks pretty nasty. What options do I have to treat the DT with a antibiotic if it gets infected?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this gash, looks pretty nasty. What options do I have to treat the DT with a antibiotic if it gets infected?

You could food soak Kanaplex (using Seachem Focus as the binder), but it sounds like his skin needs to absorb the medication instead. That can only safely be done in a QT, where you can dose Kanaplex directly into the water.

OP
OP
tcoyle

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well right now it seems of, just preparing myself.. Any picture of what it would look like if it gets infected?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well right now it seems of, just preparing myself.. Any picture of what it would look like if it gets infected?

Any redness on the skin should be viewed with suspicion.

red-spot-1.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok… as of last night it was still white, which I assume is ok?

Just one spot, right? A bacterial infection can be white, but typically will spread to other parts of the body. Whereas a wound remains localized.

OP
OP
tcoyle

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, just one spot and my wife says it looks better today. Just getting my knowledge for the "what if" stage of his beatings. I guess I'll leave my QT up for awhile longer now.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back