Final Stocking advice, ywg okay with royal gramma?

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My current tank is a waterbox 20 cube with 2 clowns, 1 banggai and 1 royal gramma.

I’m deciding on upgrading my tank as I measured my space and can fit a waterbox aio 35.2 in its spot.

i plan to add one more fish to that tank.

first choice is a yellow watchman goby. I just want to hear anyone’s experience with it with a royal gramma.

second choice firefish

third choice tail spot blenny

fourth choice green clown goby

let me know! Thanks

Rich 9_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns, a royal gramma with a YWG in a Biocube 32. They have been together for about 8 months and all playing nice. Go for the YWG, they have great personality.

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns, a royal gramma with a YWG in a Biocube 32. They have been together for about 8 months and all playing nice. Go for the YWG, they have great personality.
Are you planning anymore fish? Or is that it? What inverts do you have?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I figured 5 would be maxing the tank. As long as these 5 fish get along I’m fine. I think the royal gramma and firefish might have some issues In that size tank.
My thoughts same. The watchman will be better for clean up regardless. You'll thank yourself lol.

Rich 9_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning anymore fish? Or is that it? What inverts do you have?

I have a skunk cleaner, a couple blue legged hermits, a couple cerith snails and three nasarrius snails. Plus a mix of softies and LPS.

I have considered adding a tail spot blenny but have not done so. The tank has been running for 14 months and all of the fish are still juveniles. The closest to adult size is the RG who is about 2”, maybe just over. Five is the Biocube would be absolute max.

My better half is on board with an upgrade for this upcoming winter, most likely a Red Sea Reefer 350, but thinking I may go to the 425XL. This upgrade would allow for a bigger home for the current Biocube inhabitants! And then some more too! Wife wants more torch corals also!

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them together with no issue. Get it a tiger pistol. One of the coolest things ever. I don’t know if mine is an odd one or What be he only stays on one side of the tank and only rearranges near his burrow.

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skunk cleaner, a couple blue legged hermits, a couple cerith snails and three nasarrius snails. Plus a mix of softies and LPS.

I have considered adding a tail spot blenny but have not done so. The tank has been running for 14 months and all of the fish are still juveniles. The closest to adult size is the RG who is about 2”, maybe just over. Five is the Biocube would be absolute max.

My better half is on board with an upgrade for this upcoming winter, most likely a Red Sea Reefer 350, but thinking I may go to the 425XL. This upgrade would allow for a bigger home for the current Biocube inhabitants! And then some more too! Wife wants more torch corals also!
Yea, I can see you upgrading another time and realize you should of went with your max size you can possibly go
Yea, all 4 of my fish are still small so they look like they have plenty of space at the moment. I feel like I can fit a waterbox aio 50.3 but need approval from my wife lol

OP
OP
C

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey, So did you ever ended up upgrading? or still sticking with your biocube 32 and added a tail spot blenny?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back