Finally Crystal Clear Water

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working on my 6ft lagoon tank that I set up as a room divider. One of my main focus is to get crystal clear water so I can see through it from all sides in to my living space.
It all comes down to filter socks. I’ve tried most filter socks and wasn’t happy with results. So I went in search for the perfect tight cotton fabric to use create my own filter socks and attach them in the sump. I’m running 2 filter socks at once.
Can’t wait to add more coral to the this tank and soon fish.

IMG_3843.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon, UV and ozone will take it to the next level... My water is so clear the fish can't tell where the glass ends and the floor begins, lol.
Agreed. The water in my 180 running socks carbon and uv (no ozone) is crystal clear. My Gal isn't even into the tanks comments how clear it is. Make for an awesome end to end view.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working on my 6ft lagoon tank that I set up as a room divider. One of my main focus is to get crystal clear water so I can see through it from all sides in to my living space.
It all comes down to filter socks. I’ve tried most filter socks and wasn’t happy with results. So I went in search for the perfect tight cotton fabric to use create my own filter socks and attach them in the sump. I’m running 2 filter socks at once.
Can’t wait to add more coral to the this tank and soon fish.

IMG_3843.jpeg
Can't wait to see the coral and fish in there!

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see the coral and fish in there!
Adding “Gold dust Acantho coral and a very nice Peach frog spawn with green blue under tones.
Water still crystal clear.

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpeg
    IMG_4256.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4257.jpeg
    IMG_4257.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4258.jpeg
    IMG_4258.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking up another Acantho coral, and possibly Aussie torch tomorrow. I’m looking to add fish but taking my time as I’m better at keeping coral than fish
IMG_4262.jpeg

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a filter roller. Looking good btw . Interested to know what no3 and po4 levels are with no fish ?

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a filter roller. Looking good btw . Interested to know what no3 and po4 levels are with no fish ?
I was looking at one of those. Next thing I’m adding will be a refugium. Which leads in your question.
I haven’t checked my nitrates or phosphates all year, so I can’t tell you off hand. I guess I’ll check and get back to you on that. I’ve been checking PH, salinity, calcium and Mag.
PH 8.4
Salinity 35-34
Calcium 500
Mag. 1500

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at one of those. Next thing I’m adding will be a refugium. Which leads in your question.
I haven’t checked my nitrates or phosphates all year, so I can’t tell you off hand. I guess I’ll check and get back to you on that. I’ve been checking PH, salinity, calcium and Mag.
PH 8.4
Salinity 35-34
Calcium 500
Mag. 1500
I'd definitely keep an eye on no3 and the po4 with no fish and increased filtration. You don't want to bottom them out or you might get Dino's .

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont want to be a party pooper but IMHO particles in the water is a good thing for corals and fish. I do mechanical filtering in a setup that lets some unfiltered water go through. Thus pods from the refuge keep replenishing the DT for my mandrins.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back