Finally Got My ClearView Aquatics Lid

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FINALLY! This lid is really cool, and other than a minor adjustment with a Dremel (due to my measuring error) it fit PERFECTLY. Large feeding door in the front, along with perfect cutouts for return plumbing/plugs/light. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out. https://www.clearviewlids.com/

(Yes the water looks super green. Thanks Ruby Reef Rally Pro for turning my tank radioactive)

D08AE443-11A8-4237-8FDE-75E147329E7D.jpeg

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof… I guess I got lucky for my 20x24 which was pretty much the same price for the tsunami. I guess it depends on if you’re near the bottom or top of their “custom” size range.
It’s still cheaper than replacing fish constantly…

I have one over my larger tank and it’s definitely better than other options out there.

OP
OP
W

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was over $525, not exactly dirt cheap. 72x30. Also they messed up the screen , had to redo it and it's still not quite right.
Yikes….. yep they definitely get expensive as you go up.

Edit to the post* mileage may vary. Lol

OP
OP
W

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still cheaper than replacing fish constantly…

I have one over my larger tank and it’s definitely better than other options out there.
Definitely… I can’t tell you how many fire fish I’ve lost over years of tanks without lids…

Those little guys love to go air swimming.

OP
OP
W

Wrecktangle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearview has had some issues disappearing and with meh QC.

Why not use a sponsor of this forum? Matt (@cromag27) makes great acrylic products, including tank covers. I have 2 and they are immacualte.

Check them out here
I didn’t even know he made lids! Great call out. I’ve heard some mixed things about ClearView. They’re a small family run company, and I’m sure getting lids made isn’t the absolute most stable market… so I’m sure it’s difficult to keep quality perfectly standard so to say.

Either way, I absolutely love mine!

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t even know he made lids! Great call out. I’ve heard some mixed things about ClearView. They’re a small family run company, and I’m sure getting lids made isn’t the absolute most stable market… so I’m sure it’s difficult to keep quality perfectly standard so to say.

Either way, I absolutely love mine!

Im glad I stumbled onto Matt's work when I was looking for mine. And both my tanks were not your standard stuff you can buy, so they all had to be cut to size.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why not use a sponsor of this forum? Matt (@cromag27) makes great acrylic products, including tank covers. I have 2 and they are immacualte.

Check them out here

I think I read that there’s a $125 minimum order? That’s $10 more than my Clearview quote for a 1’ x 1’

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Check them out here

what's the lead time on their lids? I had to wait well over a month before my Clearview arrived.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back