Finally got my CO2 setup for planted tank

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video of my 55gallon FW planted community tank. Just got the CO2 set up and running. I have the co2art set up dual stage regulator. Sucks they just opened a shop in the US when I got it they shipped from Germany and took like 2 weeks but anyways. Also it is top of the line setup. Yes it's pricey but it comes with dual stage and bubble counter in 1. And of course the diffuser and co2 resistant tubing and a check valve. Back to the main thing lol I called a shop and they told me 180 for first time getting the 5lb tank filled and all I was like holy crap that's expensive. Well the guy who I bought my torch from also has plant d FW setups and told me where he get his CO2. Well it only cost me 80$ for the 5lb tank and is 24$ each fill up. Not to bad. Well now I'm in the fine tuning of the CO2 as I don't want to immediately dump a ton of CO2 into my tank and kill all my fish. I have the CO2 drop checker to let me know when I'm in that 25-30ppm dissolved CO2. But anyways here's a video.

Attachments

• VID_20220716_102340.mp4
    55.8 MB
OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea how long it will last this is my first CO2 setup. I have had this tank about a year and a half but never did CO2 until I found a welder shop who did initial set up for 85$ compared to other company asking 180$ and with the initial price I own the 5lb tank and when it empties I take it back to the shop and they will exchange it and refill for 24$

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long they last largely depends on how heavily planted the tank is, how much ferts you are using, and how strong the lighting is (all which dictate growth speeds). My high tech planted tank CO2 only lasted about 1-2 weeks before I had to refill it but it was filled with fast growing stem plants.

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea how long it will last this is my first CO2 setup. I have had this tank about a year and a half but never did CO2 until I found a welder shop who did initial set up for 85$ compared to other company asking 180$ and with the initial price I own the 5lb tank and when it empties I take it back to the shop and they will exchange it and refill for 24$
I used to run CO2 on my planted tank. It will run out sooner than you think. I'd advise getting a second tank and keeping it full to afford you the time to refill the empty one.

Did you get a pH Controller with the setup?

1658231550280.png

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose ferts every day. I have iron and nitrogen and potassium and my other trace elements. My tank is heavily planted as well. Loads of stem plants. I will look into having a second tank ready that's a good idea to help with that end of tank dump

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back