atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
81T8TCVCZpL.jpg

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been hanging out here for a bit over a year as we've put together a 40 gallon mixed reef for my daughter and figured a way through most of the challenges. Now we're setting up a 120 AIO aquarium for ourselves and I find myself with a bunch of questions and a lot more time thinking about what I'd like to do with the tank.

One thing I've discovered is that I like fish much more than coral so when we got an opportunity to buy a used 120 gallon that was 6' long and short I jumped at it. We've been playing with the rock scape while we're waiting for an electrician to run a 20 amp circuit to the wall the tank in on. I'm working on an equipment list and and a stocking list which is what finally got me to sign up.

While the tank is a 120, 30 gallons is occupied by the sump so its practically a 90 gallon tank. I'd like to do something like a marine betta (possibly a pair), regal angel pair, maroon clown pair in an anemone, a harlequin tusk, purple tang, white tail tang, Melanurus Wrasse and then a Lyretail Anthias trio. The tank would be be a death trap for the CUC but I think everything would mostly get along and fit even if the bio load may be a bit high. With it mostly being a softie and anemone tank I think the higher bio load wont be too bad.

Any opinions?

IM120AIO.jpg
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've been hanging out here for a bit over a year as we've put together a 40 gallon mixed reef for my daughter and figured a way through most of the challenges. Now we're setting up a 120 AIO aquarium for ourselves and I find myself with a bunch of questions and a lot more time thinking about what I'd like to do with the tank.

One thing I've discovered is that I like fish much more than coral so when we got an opportunity to buy a used 120 gallon that was 6' long and short I jumped at it. We've been playing with the rock scape while we're waiting for an electrician to run a 20 amp circuit to the wall the tank in on. I'm working on an equipment list and and a stocking list which is what finally got me to sign up.

While the tank is a 120, 30 gallons is occupied by the sump so its practically a 90 gallon tank. I'd like to do something like a marine betta (possibly a pair), regal angel pair, maroon clown pair in an anemone, a harlequin tusk, purple tang, white tail tang, Melanurus Wrasse and then a Lyretail Anthias trio. The tank would be be a death trap for the CUC but I think everything would mostly get along and fit even if the bio load may be a bit high. With it mostly being a softie and anemone tank I think the higher bio load wont be too bad.

Any opinions?

IM120AIO.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Think you fish wish list is an opportunity for another tank because agree that sounds like a big bio load for 90 gallons. Start slow and see where you end up... Might want to have/create some caves or arches for those bettas, and plan for their adult sizes. We smashed up rocks then re-mortared to make sleeping caves for the fish where they feel safe yet we can peek at them (smile)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You could do two - one for your daughter's tank and another for yours

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Think you fish wish list is an opportunity for another tank because agree that sounds like a big bio load for 90 gallons.
+1… too many for a 90g. Regal angels, tangs and Tusks all get big.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back