OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very nice acro Abhishek! I feel like the colors are going to be even more impressive the bigger it gets.

Yeah I plan to let it grow as much as it can !!! I know what an acro can do if you never touch it for 5 years .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been wayyy too long since my last update . Even couldn’t find my own build thread . Lol !

Summary - tank is ALIVE !!

In my defense , I have been traveling so much now domestically and internationally that hardly had time with my first love !!!

Tank survived longest without me - 50 days . Thank God for Neptune Apex , webcam and s beautiful , amazing wife !

Acros have been growing so much that I did 4/5 fragging sessions in December alone but still cannot control growth of them into each other .

Feeding 3-4 times a day , lost count on nitrates and phosphates - why bother measuring them when I cannot do it religiously . Even no idea of calcium and magnesium . Alk - varying from 9-10 .
In fact I have slowed down my tunzes to limit growth of my acros. It’s all in the flow man !!! Not light but flow .

My new love - Originsl Pink Panther from Battlecoraks lineage ... literally took me 2 years to track one down.

16297FC4-B16D-4BBE-B99A-4CB229E58AD6.jpeg

Anyways , travels and even no time to eat but I didn’t stop dreaming about my dream system .

Plans are in the way but here’s a sneak peak of what you do when your acros outgrow your tank :p

C294D5EA-94AD-43DF-BE72-1E3FF6DB212A.jpeg

Needless to say - had to buy wife a pair of Sorel and UGG boots for all these torture .

More details coming later in a new thread !

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited:

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic Abhishek! Things have really filled in nicely you can definitely use the bigger tank. Also it looks like the urchins are keeping things very clean! What is the loripes acro at about the one minute mark?

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks fantastic Abhishek! Things have really filled in nicely you can definitely use the bigger tank. Also it looks like the urchins are keeping things very clean! What is the loripes acro at about the one minute mark?

Thanks Tim !!! Yes, I love the urchins. Have been with me since they were born - from about half the size of a dime after Chad bred them . they have caused me a few costly acro frags but I forgive them everytime :)

I think you are referring to BC Gilligan . Its not absolutely happy as its lacking TLC and you can't actually see the radiant blue tips . But its simply gorgeous under T5s only with reefbrites. Halide takes away that fluorescence from it .

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from my travel and the first thing my wife says - look at your blue acros on either sides !
First thing strikes me - RTN :eek:

Drop everything to look at them and seems like on the contrary , they are in full bloom !

An original ORA pearl berry and before you ask - yes it’s original because I have seen the mother and it’s still on a frag plug of ORA . So closest to truth for me .
It’s literally blinding and shining so crazily that I can’t even capture the brilliance .

C194F686-99E4-486A-B170-5309D56DB2EE.jpeg

Next is my wild Aussie Ice Fire echinata - who says smoothies can’t rival Millies in PE
It has been a little difficult to keep the colors spot on as it seems to loose or lighten up and some days just deepest blue tips . It’s the mood swings that makes me love it so much

246641EB-CB99-4962-81FE-8912B03B7D13.jpeg

Regards,
Abhishek

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been wayyy too long since my last update . Even couldn’t find my own build thread . Lol !

Summary - tank is ALIVE !!

In my defense , I have been traveling so much now domestically and internationally that hardly had time with my first love !!!

Tank survived longest without me - 50 days . Thank God for Neptune Apex , webcam and s beautiful , amazing wife !

Acros have been growing so much that I did 4/5 fragging sessions in December alone but still cannot control growth of them into each other .

Feeding 3-4 times a day , lost count on nitrates and phosphates - why bother measuring them when I cannot do it religiously . Even no idea of calcium and magnesium . Alk - varying from 9-10 .
In fact I have slowed down my tunzes to limit growth of my acros. It’s all in the flow man !!! Not light but flow .

My new love - Originsl Pink Panther from Battlecoraks lineage ... literally took me 2 years to track one down.

16297FC4-B16D-4BBE-B99A-4CB229E58AD6.jpeg

Anyways , travels and even no time to eat but I didn’t stop dreaming about my dream system .

Plans are in the way but here’s a sneak peak of what you do when your acros outgrow your tank :p

C294D5EA-94AD-43DF-BE72-1E3FF6DB212A.jpeg

Needless to say - had to buy wife a pair of Sorel and UGG boots for all these torture .

More details coming later in a new thread !

Regards,
Abhishek

Yeah my wife got me for the UGG boots too

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some days I just can’t get enough of the looks of a reef under high noon !

Benefits of using halides - 10k reeflux mixed with ATI blueplus and reefbrite leds just warm enough to bring out all the bold colors in a reef .

On a free quiet Saturday when it’s snowing outside , nothing’s better than sitting on an arm chair with beers in hand while enjoying a serene reef scene . Brings so much peace to mind !

Every time I think of moving to radions , looks like these where it actually mimics a piece of reef pulls me away ....

Hope you enjoy a little pure of my reef :)

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful ! Can you please make a longer video and closer up to the corals?
emoji851.png

Thank you very much and appreciate the comments !

Well I made a longer video but my video taking skills are worse than anything in the world.

Please pardon me for the out of focus scenes but I hope you get to see atleast some of the acros in as noon daylight as I see it .

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the video! I liked the Aussie Echinata.

Thank you ! Its the only wild I have in my tank and is doing pretty well lately after a few struggle . I have the Tyree Ice Fire too but somehow the wild is wayy more vibrant than the aquacultured one .

Regards,
Abhishek

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back