Finally - Reef tank started after 6 years

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Karen ! How’s it going for you ?
A regular hot mess over here. Hair algae take over and now a dino take over on top of that.

At the suggestion of some locals who know their stuff, I'm getting in some Dr. Tim's Re-Fresh and Waste-Away to try to combat these nuisances.

I stayed mostly away from the acros at the swap for a reason. I have work to do to get everything in balance.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A regular hot mess over here. Hair algae take over and now a dino take over on top of that.

At the suggestion of some locals who know their stuff, I'm getting in some Dr. Tim's Re-Fresh and Waste-Away to try to combat these nuisances.

I stayed mostly away from the acros at the swap for a reason. I have work to do to get everything in balance.

Well I suppose trying different strains of bacteria is not a bad option . Have you had a chance to check the species of Dinos under microscope ?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I suppose trying different strains of bacteria is not a bad option . Have you had a chance to check the species of Dinos under microscope ?
I have not. I am microscope-less.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not. I am microscope-less.

You can get one from amazon for pretty cheap . It helps in the diagnosis and treatment depending on type of Dinos.

Anyways , I would look into getting a UV if possible .

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back