Finally Shot in RAW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lateral72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
616
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally decided to shoot in RAW (RW2) format... For the longest I've been too lazy to do much post-processing with PS CS5, so it's just been JPEG.

Anyhow, here is a chalice pic I just took with a Lumix FZ35...

chalicesm.jpg
 
Last edited:
I agree, great pic! Isn't RAW fun!? I've recently started shooting everything in RAW. It does take time, to post process and convert to Jpg, but you get a much larger file, retaining more of the image "memory." Lately, every time I pull the camera out, though, I'm ending up with between 4-6 gigs of pictures...lol. Gonna fill up my computer's HD sooner than expected!
 
I have a Nikkon D-90. I need amacro lens to take a close up like that right
 
Last edited:
I have a Nikkon D-90. I need amacro lens to take a close up like that right
That was taken with what is essentially a glorified point-and-shoot.

I am not sure what Macro lens is the hot ticket for DSLR's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new