Finally SPS growth!! What do you guys think?

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing 20% weekly before and couldn't get it to lower...but last week I siphoned a ton of detritus out of the sump in a hidden corner and under the return pump I had never removed...so that could have been where it was coming from.

I will continue the 20% per week then and see how I look in 5 weeks as I should be down to 5ppm in 5 weeks and if I am not I need to figure out what else is producing it.

What is considered heavy skimming too? How fast should the collection cup be filling? Currently my cup is full in about 7 to 9 days but it's the upgraded larger one for the sca302

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing 20% weekly before and couldn't get it to lower...but last week I siphoned a ton of detritus out of the sump in a hidden corner and under the return pump I had never removed...so that could have been where it was coming from.

I will continue the 20% per week then and see how I look in 5 weeks as I should be down to 5ppm in 5 weeks and if I am not I need to figure out what else is producing it.

What is considered heavy skimming too? How fast should the collection cup be filling? Currently my cup is full in about 7 to 9 days but it's the upgraded larger one for the sca302
It depends on the tank but I was filling up my waste collection container in about 7 days.....so that was heavy or "wet" for my tank at the time.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back