Finally SPS growth!! What do you guys think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I was doing 20% weekly before and couldn't get it to lower...but last week I siphoned a ton of detritus out of the sump in a hidden corner and under the return pump I had never removed...so that could have been where it was coming from.

I will continue the 20% per week then and see how I look in 5 weeks as I should be down to 5ppm in 5 weeks and if I am not I need to figure out what else is producing it.

What is considered heavy skimming too? How fast should the collection cup be filling? Currently my cup is full in about 7 to 9 days but it's the upgraded larger one for the sca302
 
I was doing 20% weekly before and couldn't get it to lower...but last week I siphoned a ton of detritus out of the sump in a hidden corner and under the return pump I had never removed...so that could have been where it was coming from.

I will continue the 20% per week then and see how I look in 5 weeks as I should be down to 5ppm in 5 weeks and if I am not I need to figure out what else is producing it.

What is considered heavy skimming too? How fast should the collection cup be filling? Currently my cup is full in about 7 to 9 days but it's the upgraded larger one for the sca302
It depends on the tank but I was filling up my waste collection container in about 7 days.....so that was heavy or "wet" for my tank at the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new