OP
N

newguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how my little clown survived over a week without any electric but it did and also the crab did to.I know iam so very new to the world of saltwater and have alot to learn still but it been over a week sence the storm where here and gone and my electric was lost and now with it back on for a week everything seem to be going good in my tank .

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! Keep up the good work :)

A low bio load was probably the main reason for your tank to come through unscathed. It's usually the lack of oxygen that causes a tank to crash in an extended power failure. When a fish or a bunch of microorganisms (pods and bacteria) die due to the lack of oxygen, it fouls up the water and starts a chain reaction.

OP
OP
N

newguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have desided to completly get out of saltwater even know i havent been in this to long.we are selling everything in the pics on here and have other stuff that is in the pics if there is anyone out there wanting come by and check this stuff out and make a good offer on everything.we are not wanting to part anything out we want to sell everything together.email me on here and i can give u my name and number to call me.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back