Finding dwarf anger?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lilah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lilah

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2019
Messages
42
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching for a dwarf angler for a couple of weeks now. I had one previously but it suddenly died I have tested the water multiple times and could find nothing wrong. I have checked divers den a couple of times but they seem to only have tuberculated anglers, which while being the general size I want are very expensive, my LFS is trying to source one but just in case they can't, does anyone has any ideas?
 
They can be mean lol and eat coral
 
Which angler are you looking for; I know the pygmy anglers, Antennatus Tuberosus and Antennatus Linearis, both of which are minimally in the low $200. DD does have these from time time, anywhere else will be a hit or miss, you'll likely have to individually contact all the suppliers you know of and request an alert. I don't know of the ones you call dwarf anglers, if it's one of the ones mentioned, they are not cheap. If you are thinking of the Antennarius maculatus , or wartskin angler, these guys usually don't get larger than 3" although listed at 4" many places.

BTW how long did have your previous angler and which one was he. The pygmy's usually don't live that long, like several months at best; while the warty could get you a few years. Overfeeding can be one cause, many times unwittingly, the food literally rots in their gut. Feeding only every 10-14 days is a good rule of thumb, then fed really well. Keeping mg levels reef level even if kept in a fowlr, mg may have some effect on digestion. They may be sensitive to high nitrates and any medication, even if surviving treatment of prazi, cp, etc; usually don't live that long in the long run.
 
Which angler are you looking for; I know the pygmy anglers, Antennatus Tuberosus and Antennatus Linearis, both of which are minimally in the low $200. DD does have these from time time, anywhere else will be a hit or miss, you'll likely have to individually contact all the suppliers you know of and request an alert. I don't know of the ones you call dwarf anglers, if it's one of the ones mentioned, they are not cheap. If you are thinking of the Antennarius maculatus , or wartskin angler, these guys usually don't get larger than 3" although listed at 4" many places.

BTW how long did have your previous angler and which one was he. The pygmy's usually don't live that long, like several months at best; while the warty could get you a few years. Overfeeding can be one cause, many times unwittingly, the food literally rots in their gut. Feeding only every 10-14 days is a good rule of thumb, then fed really well. Keeping mg levels reef level even if kept in a fowlr, mg may have some effect on digestion. They may be sensitive to high nitrates and any medication, even if surviving treatment of prazi, cp, etc; usually don't live that long in the long run.

The one that I had was a pygmy. I only had him for about 3 weeks. I am looking for a warty now partially for longevity but also for pricing and coloration. I didn't dose any medication. Thank you so much.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new