Finding dwarf anger?

Lilah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching for a dwarf angler for a couple of weeks now. I had one previously but it suddenly died I have tested the water multiple times and could find nothing wrong. I have checked divers den a couple of times but they seem to only have tuberculated anglers, which while being the general size I want are very expensive, my LFS is trying to source one but just in case they can't, does anyone has any ideas?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which angler are you looking for; I know the pygmy anglers, Antennatus Tuberosus and Antennatus Linearis, both of which are minimally in the low $200. DD does have these from time time, anywhere else will be a hit or miss, you'll likely have to individually contact all the suppliers you know of and request an alert. I don't know of the ones you call dwarf anglers, if it's one of the ones mentioned, they are not cheap. If you are thinking of the Antennarius maculatus , or wartskin angler, these guys usually don't get larger than 3" although listed at 4" many places.

BTW how long did have your previous angler and which one was he. The pygmy's usually don't live that long, like several months at best; while the warty could get you a few years. Overfeeding can be one cause, many times unwittingly, the food literally rots in their gut. Feeding only every 10-14 days is a good rule of thumb, then fed really well. Keeping mg levels reef level even if kept in a fowlr, mg may have some effect on digestion. They may be sensitive to high nitrates and any medication, even if surviving treatment of prazi, cp, etc; usually don't live that long in the long run.

OP
OP
L

Lilah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which angler are you looking for; I know the pygmy anglers, Antennatus Tuberosus and Antennatus Linearis, both of which are minimally in the low $200. DD does have these from time time, anywhere else will be a hit or miss, you'll likely have to individually contact all the suppliers you know of and request an alert. I don't know of the ones you call dwarf anglers, if it's one of the ones mentioned, they are not cheap. If you are thinking of the Antennarius maculatus , or wartskin angler, these guys usually don't get larger than 3" although listed at 4" many places.

BTW how long did have your previous angler and which one was he. The pygmy's usually don't live that long, like several months at best; while the warty could get you a few years. Overfeeding can be one cause, many times unwittingly, the food literally rots in their gut. Feeding only every 10-14 days is a good rule of thumb, then fed really well. Keeping mg levels reef level even if kept in a fowlr, mg may have some effect on digestion. They may be sensitive to high nitrates and any medication, even if surviving treatment of prazi, cp, etc; usually don't live that long in the long run.

The one that I had was a pygmy. I only had him for about 3 weeks. I am looking for a warty now partially for longevity but also for pricing and coloration. I didn't dose any medication. Thank you so much.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back