Finding that Protein Skimmer Sweet Spot! Round-2 of Skimmer Testing | BRStv Investigates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time we tested the sump water depth affect on air draw from 6 popular skimmers around $150 - $250....

Today, we test the next price range bracket of popular skimmers from $250-$450 decided by you and what you bought for your tank!

Here are the protein skimmers you'll see today.
➡ Red Sea RSK300
➡ Nyos Quantum 120
➡ Skimz SM167
➡ Reef Octopus eSsence S-130
➡ Reef Octopus Classic 150SSS
➡ Reef Octopus Classic 202-S

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this. My eSsence has never skimmed that good dark skim that my bubble mag pulls, hopefully this will shed some light on proper depth to achieve that.

Rubblereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say this. I thought my Reef Octo 110 INT skimmer just sucked, or that my system was just too clean to produce good skimmate. After watching the first video and seeing the results on the vast improvement from running that skimmer at its proper depth, I elevated it to the exact right level and lo and behold it works 10x better than before. I would have just wasted 250 on a new skimmer if not for that video. (dont worry I'll be spending that 250 at BRS for sure) Thank you BRS for always putting in the time and effort to give us hobbyists the knowledge we need! You guys rock!

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say this. I thought my Reef Octo 110 INT skimmer just sucked, or that my system was just too clean to produce good skimmate. After watching the first video and seeing the results on the vast improvement from running that skimmer at its proper depth, I elevated it to the exact right level and lo and behold it works 10x better than before. I would have just wasted 250 on a new skimmer if not for that video. (dont worry I'll be spending that 250 at BRS for sure) Thank you BRS for always putting in the time and effort to give us hobbyists the knowledge we need! You guys rock!

That's fantastic to hear! I'm so glad we could help. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%

Back