Finding what % of time my heater runs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question that should be pretty easy to solve. I just want to determine from fusion what percent of time my heaters are running. I have output configurations "Heater1" and "Heater2" which follow the basic "heater" control type. When I look at a log of those channels I can see them go from on to off, if those were set to 1 and 0 respectively then the report in the graph of "average" value would tell me what percent time the heaters are running and that would be really useful. Is there a way to do this? Temperature reports already do this and I assume internally 0 is off and 1 is on anyways. I just want it to record those values and tell me the average through the day/week/month whatever.

Thanks for the help!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a question that should be pretty easy to solve. I just want to determine from fusion what percent of time my heaters are running. I have output configurations "Heater1" and "Heater2" which follow the basic "heater" control type. When I look at a log of those channels I can see them go from on to off, if those were set to 1 and 0 respectively then the report in the graph of "average" value would tell me what percent time the heaters are running and that would be really useful. Is there a way to do this? Temperature reports already do this and I assume internally 0 is off and 1 is on anyways. I just want it to record those values and tell me the average through the day/week/month whatever.

Thanks for the help!
Well it all depends on the heater, titanium is usually ran with a controller so they are either fully on or fully off. On the other hand, glass will kick on and kick off frequently- but will be powered by your controller untill you reach your prefered temp.

I use my amp reading to tell the times my heater kicks on and off, but you can also select log in fusion to see a full list throught the day, of how frequent the heater "outlet" turns on and off.

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my heater is on/off. I can see the channel log but what I can't do is integrate the signal over a time to find the average value of the channel I.e. the percent of time the channel was on in that window!

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping once more. Any way to do this? Just trying to see what my energy use is from my heaters from these plots. Should be easy enough I think to average the 0's and 1's to get percent time on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back