Fingas' 72 gallon bow front reef in the making

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got stuff in the tank to take pictures of but realized i suck at getting the colors right. Anyway here is a tour of my tank as it stands.
A chalice I picked up yesterday, it is purple with a green rim and green eyes
PA150271.jpg

The hammer i picked up yesterday, the picture does it no justice, and three blastos.
PA150269.jpg

left side of tank
PA150262.jpg

Right side of tank
PA150263.jpg

Almost full tank shot
PA150265.jpg

A couple of videos
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid26.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc111%2Ffingas74%2FPA150267.mp4">
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid26.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc111%2Ffingas74%2FPA150266.mp4">
Not seen clearly in the video are a couple of rics, a three head duncan, a fire shrimp, and a couple of zoa colonies

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i may be so forward as to vehemently suggest moving the hammer away from the Blastomussas ASAP! The hammer can send out a 2-6' sweeper tentacle which could melt the unsuspecting blastos!

OP
OP
F

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i may be so forward as to vehemently suggest moving the hammer away from the Blastomussas ASAP! The hammer can send out a 2-6' sweeper tentacle which could melt the unsuspecting blastos!

The blastos were moved the same day the pictures were taken.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved your thread the Members Tank forum so we can keep up with your progress. Welcome to R2R and I look forward to seeing your progress. Great start thus far! :)

OP
OP
F

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved your thread the Members Tank forum so we can keep up with your progress. Welcome to R2R and I look forward to seeing your progress. Great start thus far! :)

Thank you. As it matures i will add more updates. Just changed bulbs yesterday, i had bought the fixture used so they were due and one of the bulbs was on it's last leg. I went with what i could readily get last night and put wavepoint bulbs in (will be changing over to LEDs in the not too distant future), I went for a slightly more blue look and the corals are much more radiant now. The green skirt on the chalice is glowing and the green on the base of the frogspawn heads is highlighter green. It is exciting to watch this tank mature, i am seeing a lot more pod life at night and am keeping an eye on a possible outbreak of flatworms but that seems to be dying off before it got too bad.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and way to go on the new tank! It is looking great!

OP
OP
F

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well like I had mentioned I am leaning towards LPS in this tank and mostly chalice. I have also come to like the montis. I have added several corals over the past few weeks such as:

Superman monti
Pink Cadillac monti
Starburst monti cap
Emma's Jedi mind trick
Pink *******
Tyree pink WM
TEC WM
Original mummy eye
Oregon mummy eye
BGM
A couple of unnamed chalice
A war coral frag
A torch.

I need to take pictures soon.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good and I can't wait to see new pic's of the new additions!

Well like I had mentioned I am leaning towards LPS in this tank and mostly chalice. I have also come to like the montis. I have added several corals over the past few weeks such as:

Superman monti
Pink Cadillac monti
Starburst monti cap
Emma's Jedi mind trick
Pink *******
Tyree pink WM
TEC WM
Original mummy eye
Oregon mummy eye
BGM
A couple of unnamed chalice
A war coral frag
A torch.

I need to take pictures soon.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back