Finnex Heaters are JUNK

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s your opinion 3 of 10 in 2 years disagrees with your assessment. Could be your sample is too small or not recent product?

I’m sure if you had the same results you would feel differently.

That's my point. You're giving an opinion as a fact based on a small sample size. I countered with an alternative sample to demonstrate that.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 gallon bucket filled with dead heaters...from the most expensive to the cheapest. They all fail. I now just buy whatever is available and run them off of a quality controller, always keeping spares around.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need 6 300w heaters on one of my tanks. They take all of a 15 amp circuit. I would not pay $250-300 for each one of them. 6 pack of Ehiems in eBay used to be $175-180 shipped. If you want something that is super reliable, then get a heat exchanger or one of those inline heaters that public aquariums and super-large setups use. I do not think that you could compete with a large inline heater with expensive smaller units, which is why you don't see them.

Simon - if you still have that Medusa laying around and the parts are available, I would pay you to put that probe in an envelope and mail it to me. All of mine still work, but I get worried. So far, these things have been tanks with about 15 years of use. I have a few of the units with the three-digit readout. I buy them every time that I see one if they are dual stage.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

• Other.

Back