Finnex Heaters are JUNK

  • Thread starter Thread starter steveb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ok that’s your opinion 3 of 10 in 2 years disagrees with your assessment. Could be your sample is too small or not recent product?

I’m sure if you had the same results you would feel differently.

That's my point. You're giving an opinion as a fact based on a small sample size. I countered with an alternative sample to demonstrate that.
 
I have a 5 gallon bucket filled with dead heaters...from the most expensive to the cheapest. They all fail. I now just buy whatever is available and run them off of a quality controller, always keeping spares around.
 
I need 6 300w heaters on one of my tanks. They take all of a 15 amp circuit. I would not pay $250-300 for each one of them. 6 pack of Ehiems in eBay used to be $175-180 shipped. If you want something that is super reliable, then get a heat exchanger or one of those inline heaters that public aquariums and super-large setups use. I do not think that you could compete with a large inline heater with expensive smaller units, which is why you don't see them.

Simon - if you still have that Medusa laying around and the parts are available, I would pay you to put that probe in an envelope and mail it to me. All of mine still work, but I get worried. So far, these things have been tanks with about 15 years of use. I have a few of the units with the three-digit readout. I buy them every time that I see one if they are dual stage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new