Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It seems that 1” PVC U-Tubes are impossible to find - or simply don’t exist. 1 1/2”, no problem. So I made my own 1” for my overflow.
View attachment 877698
View attachment 877699
View attachment 877700
I have a Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow. It is for inside the outer box. Synergy includes U-Tubes for their overflows, but they use 1½" plumbing. I think most people just use straight pipes of different lengths.What part of the overflow?
NO, but there is at least movement. :-)Very Kewl.. I have had to do this in the past.
Awesome....
Is it wet NOW ????
Why not just use the 1-1/2 that comes with them Its what i am usingI have a Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow. It is for inside the outer box. Synergy includes U-Tubes for their overflows, but they use 1½" plumbing. I think most people just use straight pipes of different lengths.
Good things come to those who wait. :)
Because I don't have a Synergy overflow. I have a Reef Savvy. It uses 1". I don't need to move as much as water as you do. And seeings as there is no water in it anyway - I am good. :-)Why not just use the 1-1/2 that comes with them Its what i am using
Thanks for diving in. And yes, I know. It isn't necessarily patience though. I sometimes go months without having the time to even touch it. I am getting closer though. :-)I started at the begining :) You have redefined patience!!
Your builds are legendary for their attention to detail well done sir!Ok, it won't look like I accomplished much today, but I actually did. I added unions to existing plumbing, which required a slight redo in spots. Both returns are about 85% completed now and drains are finished. In previous pictures, a lot of the plumbing was dry fit only. It is all cemented now, except a few fittings and a short run on the bottom of the right return. The reverse check valves and plumbing to those are also cemented. I hope they work as well as the one that Melev uses on his 400. Kind of a weird plumbing set up to get them mounted without being too much in the way, they just need to suck air when the power goes off. :) I did add two unions to the SeaSwirls, so they can be removed easily for any maintenance. Anyway, it was a good day for a change.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Well, look who showed up! Shouldn't take you long to read through. If I would quit doing things over, it would be sooner than later. :-)Hello,
See lol I am capable of finding threads now on here :). I haven’t read the whole thing yet but half way through it lol. So why isn’t it wet yet, :) and how soon could it be :)
Thanks, but I am not so sure about that. I hope to have it done before I retire, which isn't too far off. :-)Your builds are legendary for their attention to detail well done sir!
Thank you for your unique style of moral support! :DGood Evening Fin.
Its been raining here all day. Made me wish i was inside your Aquarium where its nice and Dry
Always Wrap bad news and Negative Feels with Something Positive..Thank you for your unique style of moral support! :D
It will be worth the wait. It will for me anyway. :-)Hello,
@Fin lol we could always move her to Idaho, where it has not rained since May lol. But then your tank still might be drier lol:) but, i have an idea. You could always get a large plastic bowl and place it in the middle of your tank. Then get some saltwater and fill the bowl up. It wouldn’t be considered dry any more :)
It will be worth the wait. It will for me anyway. :)