Fire Gobie Breeding.

Alexis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't planning on breeding them but mine are breeding like crazy. Was wondering if anybody had any idea about there breeding habit, or any advice. because if i separate them they hide and freak out. so does anyone have any advice about this Because i don't know how to take care of the eggs.

download.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1655

I see no reason to separate them at all.

If it were possible to successfully raise the larvae then you would see captive Fire Fish/Dart Fish for sale and more information would be available.

Raising most SW fish is a difficult task because the food required by the larvae is challenging at best.

Just enjoy the fact that you have healthy spawning fish.

OP
OP
Alexis

Alexis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1655

I see no reason to separate them at all.

If it were possible to successfully raise the larvae then you would see captive Fire Fish/Dart Fish for sale and more information would be available.

Raising most SW fish is a difficult task because the food required by the larvae is challenging at best.

Just enjoy the fact that you have healthy spawning fish.

Oh no im very happy those two are like my babies i just dont know how to take care of them or if theres anything special i need to do

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continued to look around and there really is no information out there on the topic.

It would be wonderful if someone such as yourself considered experimenting with successfully raising the fry.

I will keep an eye out for more information. Would love to see an image of the eggs if able.

OP
OP
Alexis

Alexis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continued to look around and there really is no information out there on the topic.

It would be wonderful if someone such as yourself considered experimenting with successfully raising the fry.

I will keep an eye out for more information. Would love to see an image of the eggs if able.

Ill keep you updated and ill try its really hard to get good pictures of my tank because its a hexagon and i have be in weird spots but ill see if i can

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really cool!! I say you try to raise the babies. Why not!! :D

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make it happen Captain, as I would love to have a tank bred/raised firefish!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alexis, are they laying an egg mass like Clown fish or are they water column spawners like wrasses, angelfish and tangs?

eyecandyaddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alexis, are they laying an egg mass like Clown fish or are they water column spawners like wrasses, angelfish and tangs?

They are substrate spawners kike clownfish very small larvae though like an eyelash but shorter. They need ciliates, their is one paper about raising the purple firefish out there i dont remember how long they kept them alive though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back