Fire Shrimp had babies!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMS18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
2,156
Location
The Shore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my girlfriend and I were relaxing, watching TV and out of the corner of my eye I see my 2 clowns doing this weird dance. So, I'm watching them and trying to figure out what they were doing, then I see my flasher and cardnialfish doing the same. So I head over to the tank to see, I then notice they were all eating something. Took me a few seconds to see what they were eating which looked like very small brine shrimp. Then the light bulb went off, my 2 fire shrimp must have had babies as those are my only shrimp in the tank. It's very hard to see in the video but I did the best I could with this unexpected new experience. My fish got a nice snack tonight!

 
Last edited:
Awesome! Enjoy the free fish food!

My cleaner shrimp would have babies all the time, that's exactly how I could tell when the fish were running around crazy eating em. At first I thought they were microbubbles from the skimmer until I took a scoop of water out and looked at em up close.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new