Fire Tail Blenny: Opinions and Tips

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I just got a fire tail blenny and I don’t really know how to keep this guy. I tried looking him up but I couldn’t find much info on him. All that I’m concerned about is 1. What does he eat 2. Will he be aggressive towards my clown, 2x chromis, YWG, and Mandarin 3. Will he nip at my LPS. Thank you all for you help and advice in advance.

Last edited:

anemoneanatomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a picture of what you bought, please? Some LFS call the Bicolor Blenny a Firetail or Flametail, so if the Bicolor Blenny looks like your new friend, you'll find more information searching under that name.

OP
OP
IE Reefer

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a picture of what you bought, please? Some LFS call the Bicolor Blenny a Firetail or Flametail, so if the Bicolor Blenny looks like your new friend, you'll find more information searching under that name.
image.jpg

Attachments

• 64393334045__64E74C27-FC7C-47EE-966B-E1A1BF0C856C.MOV
    621.7 KB

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a flametail? Black with yellow tail? I had one who was a good eater of mysis shrimp. I put him in my 20g tank with a solarensis and a yellow watchman, but he wouldn't let anyone else in, so I caught him up and returned him. Maybe won't be a problem a) in a bigger tank and b) with existing fish. I don't have any LPS, so can't say there.

OP
OP
IE Reefer

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a flametail? Black with yellow tail? I had one who was a good eater of mysis shrimp. I put him in my 20g tank with a solarensis and a yellow watchman, but he wouldn't let anyone else in, so I caught him up and returned him. Maybe won't be a problem a) in a bigger tank and b) with existing fish. I don't have any LPS, so can't say there.
That’s good, I have a 29 DT with LOADS of hiding places so I should be safe on the aggression side. Plus this guy is prob 1-2” when my mandarin and YWG are 2.5-3”

Animal1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , a picture out of the bag might help a little bit with identity
Dave

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked his personality otherwise. Very outgoing, active swimmer, and tucked himself into a little rockhole bed each night. I think he and the solarensis really liked each other too.

OP
OP
IE Reefer

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked his personality otherwise. Very outgoing, active swimmer, and tucked himself into a little rockhole bed each night. I think he and the solarensis really liked each other too.
That’s really neat, thank you for sharing!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back