Firefish Goby Care

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32.5 Gallon mixed reef. I have 1 new firefish goby, and 2 clowns. I feed the clowns LRS Nano Reef Frenzy and the goby seems to like it. One problem, I can't figure out how to get him to eat regularly. I tried using a turkey baster and it kinda worked, but the clowns would just steal the food and scare off. What do you recommend? Thank you!!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pour food into one part of the tank with the flow turned off. Once the clowns are eating over there you can pour a little more food near the firefish and it should give it an opportunity to eat

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just broadcast feed the tank, it will learn to get its share sooner or later.

I like to feed at the same time every day, the fish learn quick and have perfect internal clocks, they know when its feeding time. They like routine, but I'm sure they don't like you sticking your hands in the tank.

Also consider that its a very timid fish, mine would hide and not eat if it saw me, I had to leave the room for it to come out and eat

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just broadcast feed the tank, it will learn to get its share sooner or later.

I like to feed at the same time every day, the fish learn quick and have perfect internal clocks, they know when its feeding time. They like routine, but I'm sure they don't like you sticking your hands in the tank.

Also consider that its a very timid fish, mine would hide and not eat if it saw me, I had to leave the room for it to come out and eat
thanks! I fed around where his hole is and he got some food. Over time will he get braver and compete with the clowns for food? Thank for the help!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as long as the clownfish arent being to aggressive, it should learn to come out for feeding given some time

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back