vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1651021074811492868727432948066.jpg

Cleaning my tank and saw his lips.
Looks like an injury that has become a bacterial problem. Pic is extremely fuzzy to clearly see, but as you know, the first words will be QUARANTINE.
You will need to quarantine and treat fish. Best bet will be seachem neoplex. If none accessible, then Kanaplex. Increase aeration via air stone during treatment and maintain water quality focusing on ammonia

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an injury that has become a bacterial problem. Pic is extremely fuzzy to clearly see, but as you know, the first words will be QUARANTINE.
You will need to quarantine and treat fish. Best bet will be seachem neoplex. If none accessible, then Kanaplex. Increase aeration via air stone during treatment and maintain water quality focusing on ammonia
i dont have quarantine, but is neoplex able to be used in a display?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i dont have quarantine, but is neoplex able to be used in a display?
While it is safe to use with inverts, I dont regard it as reef safe. Quarantine can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which has the essentials needed for QT
Ruby rally pro is a reef safe option but will take longer and is formalin rather than needed neomycin sulfate

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it is safe to use with inverts, I dont regard it as reef safe. Quarantine can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which has the essentials needed for QT
Ruby rally pro is a reef safe option but will take longer and is formalin rather than needed neomycin sulfate
i dont have corals (because of my huge algae problem), so is it fine to use in a dt? i only have a hermit crab

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i dont have corals (because of my huge algae problem), so is it fine to use in a dt? i only have a hermit crab
Difference maker- Gamble with crab but if fish only tank, you can. Do a good water change after treatment

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will, but first i need to get my mom to order it AND wait for it to arrive.
What was the timing on this? If the fish showed up like this after the tank cleaning, my thought would be, as flighty as this species is, that it got frightened and ran into something. If it JUST happened, then there hasn't been time for an infection to set in (yet). Even without an infection, severe physical damage to the mouth can be fatal because the fish won't feed properly. Nothing to be done about that though.....

Jay

OP
OP
Unitylover

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the timing on this? If the fish showed up like this after the tank cleaning, my thought would be, as flighty as this species is, that it got frightened and ran into something. If it JUST happened, then there hasn't been time for an infection to set in (yet). Even without an infection, severe physical damage to the mouth can be fatal because the fish won't feed properly. Nothing to be done about that though.....

Jay
i saw it eat this morning, the wound is 3-4 days old, tops.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back