First attempt at a reef tank

Behrens

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
7
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple weeks into cycling my first reef tank. The build is a 20 gallon long tank with live sand and macro rock. Filtration is a aquaclear 50 (not sure on what I’m gonna be using for media besides probably carbon and some sort of filter floss) as well as a aqauready bullet-1 hob skimmer. A nicrew hyperreef 50w light and a hygger dc wave maker. Hoping to learn the basics with this tank before moving into the 40 breeder with Fiji-24 sump I have sitting in the garage
 
Sounds like a real solid start! Can't wait to see pictures of your aquascape!
 
there are plenty of threads and very helpful members here to help get ya educated.
 
I love nanos! 20 gallons is a perfect start! Have fun and ask any questions whenever you need on R2R! I hope your reef comes to life and flourishes!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
IMG_2374.jpeg
Quick peek of the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new