First attempt at reefing 75G build

Heres a pic of the frag and then the colony it grew into.
Screenshot_20191112-150726_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-105715_Gallery.jpg
 
Many years ago that chalice went for 80 dollars easy and my wife and I found a store that had it listed as a random chalice for 20 dollars.
 
It wasn't bad at all but I have seen sweepers up to 4", just not very aggressive unless something got close. Mycedium, IME, was the most aggressive chalice coral with serious sweepers.
 
It wasn't bad at all but I have seen sweepers up to 4", just not very aggressive unless something got close. Mycedium, IME, was the most aggressive chalice coral with serious sweepers.
Cool good to know. When I picked this one up there was a green chalice next to it nuking its neighbor lol
 
Are you still using the current USA leds? How do you like them? I’m thinking of getting them for my tank
I am but they will be getting replaced with something better. Than have been ok but I also am supplementing them
 
It wasn't bad at all but I have seen sweepers up to 4", just not very aggressive unless something got close. Mycedium, IME, was the most aggressive chalice coral with serious sweepers.
Took your advice and moved the MH. It definitely is a lot fluffier in lower light. Hoping to get those colors back as well
 
Hit me up if you ever frag that neon birdsnest! I'm in redwood city :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new