First Biota Regal Angelfish at LFS

Mflores888

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2020
Messages
408
Reaction score
553
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was really cool to see the very first Biota Regal Angel at the fish store I visit often in SoCal. It's so tiny and brightly colored. Its awesome to see this fish for the first time as a captive bred fish. Pictures aren't the best but still pretty cool little fish

20220225_144215.jpg 20220225_142355.jpg
 
It was really cool to see the very first Biota Regal Angel at the fish store I visit often in SoCal. It's so tiny and brightly colored. Its awesome to see this fish for the first time as a captive bred fish. Pictures aren't the best but still pretty cool little fish

20220225_144215.jpg 20220225_142355.jpg
Should’ve grabbed it! That misbar is beautiful.
 
So tiny!!!! Lol but cute!
 
So tiny!!!! Lol but cute!
Thats what I was thinking as well. It's maybe an inch and a half at most and very Bright in color. I really like how active it was but I can't justify spending over $800 on two fish in a few days
 
I wonder whether they’re much more hearty than the wild ones? It seems Bali Aquarich is pretty keen on producing them in commercial quantities. There’s going to be a huge market for CB Regals. I’m also glad they went with P. Diacanthus flavescens (Indian Ocean variant).

Borbonius are great too, and O. Katayamai is just next level.
 
They ended up getting two more Regals. Super small and cute little guys
 

Attachments

  • 20220228_133307.jpg
    20220228_133307.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220228_133323.jpg
    20220228_133323.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220228_133325.jpg
    20220228_133325.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 93
gonna check that spot out tomorrow…hows the coral selection?
Sorry didn't see the message, not sure if you ended up going but he's low on stock right now. They had a ton of torches, hammers and other stuff for pretty good price a couple weeks ago
 
I am curious of these Aqua Cultured fish take to eating any better?
 
I am curious of these Aqua Cultured fish take to eating any better?
The two I got ate like hogs with in an hour of being in my tank. A couple of days later, the first time they saw frozen food, they ate every drop of frozen I put in the tank.
 
That is awesome!! How about sizes? Just small ha?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new