OP
OP
J

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not seeing this question earlier.
the adapter is a push lock quick connect. same as for RO/DI systems...just larger gauge. 1/2 inch from HomeDepot...and corresponding tubing.
I did it so I could 'quick-unconnect' the unit from the plumbing for maintenance. that worked great. However....

IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG

However, I have since replaced that setup. The push lock worked fine but the tubing did succumb to the UV light and caused it to crack and fail.
I noticed it about 2 hours before going out of town for the week. I do not know what possessed me to look at it...but then noticed the slow drip on the floor. would have been a disaster. I had wondered if the tubing would break down with the UV. no reason to wonder any more.

I have since changed it out with a more traditional threaded hose clamp set up.

IMG_1038.JPG

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty awesome post with a ton of info. I'm looking to spec out a build similar to what you have, curious where you purchased the tanks from and their models if that's something you can still provide?

OP
OP
J

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks.
I no longer have this tank/setup.
the front panel of the glass de-bonded from the side panel about a year ago leading to a catastrophic failure (and 100g of sea water on the floor!).
See this thread.

So, in an instant, it was all over. and I scrapped the entire thing...all right in the dumpster and gave the livestock away (kept the neptune equipment but that was it).

But to answer your question, I bought the tank new from MarineDepot.com....which since then was purchased by Bulk Reef Supply...as you probably know.

I did all the plumbing and customization myself. It was my first ever reef tank. It lasted about 3 years before it failed. Incidentally, there are a lot of posts about that brand (RS) having seam failures. Not saying that they all fail, of course...just pointing out the fact that there are many posts on this site about such failures.

Now I have a new, much smaller, build. 20g.
Here is the thread for that in case there is any interest.

And if by "tanks" you meant the fresh and salt water reservoirs...they are each 65g tanks that I picked up from Tractor Supply. Best to do so in person because the shipping is more than the tank.

hope this helps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back