dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got myself a Buan goby :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_7390.jpeg

He’s a replacement for the Yasha goby I returned to the LFS. He just wasn’t getting any food and was too timid. He needed a quieter more suitable home.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got myself a Buan goby :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_7390.jpeg

He’s a replacement for the Yasha goby I returned to the LFS. He just wasn’t getting any food and was too timid. He needed a quieter more suitable home.
Nice looking goby

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just a little update on my dino outbreak.

Pretty sure they're all gone :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The increased temp (81-82) plus turning my lights off got rid of most of them, and since I added the UV I haven't seen anything else in the main display area. However I did have a bunch still growing in the fuge compartment in the back. I ultimately had to turn off my fuge light for about 5 days to get rid of those too. Now my fuge is clean again! I'll be slowly reducing my temps back to the 78 range over the next week or two.

I had forgotten how much my main lights and my fuge contributed to my pH and nutrient reduction, though... I bet I lost 0.2 pH when my lights and fuge were turned off, and my PO4 got as high as 0.33 :confounded-face:

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a little update on my dino outbreak.

Pretty sure they're all gone :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The increased temp (81-82) plus turning my lights off got rid of most of them, and since I added the UV I haven't seen anything else in the main display area. However I did have a bunch still growing in the fuge compartment in the back. I ultimately had to turn off my fuge light for about 5 days to get rid of those too. Now my fuge is clean again! I'll be slowly reducing my temps back to the 78 range over the next week or two.

I had forgotten how much my main lights and my fuge contributed to my pH and nutrient reduction, though... I bet I lost 0.2 pH when my lights and fuge were turned off, and my PO4 got as high as 0.33 :confounded-face:
Thanks great news! Crazy how much that fuge light helps the ph.
Are you still running the UV unit on the side of your tank? How did you deal with that increased flow you pictured?

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks great news! Crazy how much that fuge light helps the ph.
Are you still running the UV unit on the side of your tank? How did you deal with that increased flow you pictured?

Yeah I'm going to keep it going for another couple of weeks while I slowly ramp the lights back up.

For the flow "hot spot" in the sand I placed a magnetic feeder cup below the outlet. It helped some, but it's still blowing a small crater into the sand below it. I'm just ignoring it for now.

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
11ish-Month Update! Corals (finally!) and Dinos (again!)

Thanks to @Reefing.with.Rich for the corals!

CORALS!! Those gonis look super happy, King Kong O YEA! I’ve been worried about trying that dip method but seeing your results has me wanting to try.

Sure you have your hands quite full at the moment so sending you good vibes on a smooth setup and congratulations on your new tank!

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This will probably be one of my last updates for this tank. My new tank is almost complete. I’ll be adding TBS live sand a week from Monday. Soon after, I’ll be transferring everything from this tank over to the new tank!

This update…

Dinos gone (again)!
Gonis looking SUPER HAPPY

My nitrate and phosphate have been somewhat higher over the last week or so since I did the blackout. I’m wondering if maybe that’s why the corals are doing so well.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving day…

Definitely sad. All the fish are convinced they’re going to die :(

But they’ll love their new home! Check out my new tank thread!

I'm getting ready to do the exact same thing on the same tank in the next few weeks. I don't have any sand right now so it will go easier I hope. Thanks for the preview of what I'm in for. I'm going to try and time it so that the fish just go straight into the new tank.

Back