First clam!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rp8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
1,569
Reaction score
2,331
Location
Cajun country
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first clam. I have been wanting one for years, just was never in one place long enough. LFS kept calling it a maxima, but I am pretty certain it’s a derasa. Been in for about a week now. Has opened up well. I already periodically feed phytoplankton so there is some in the tank. Looks happy, I’m happy!
IMG_4468.jpeg
 
Yep that’s definitely a Derasa. They’re excellent filter feeders and they don’t require all that much light. Good luck!
 
Congrats on getting a clam!
 
Yep that’s definitely a Derasa. They’re excellent filter feeders and they don’t require all that much light. Good luck!
Thanks!
And a nice Derasa as well!

Love these clams as well.

Not overly light demanding like others.
Thanks!
Congrats on getting a clam!
Thanks!
Beautiful Derasa!
Thanks!
yup. Deresa definitely. I've had one for over 2 years from 2"-3". It's freakin huge now. Most people are shocked when I tell them it's a clam. Enjoy!
How big is it now?!
 
8-9 inches. My clown hosts it. It is up against the glass until my 235 is up and going. That’s a whole other story. Its been an easy clam so far. Ill be trying a maxima and a squamosa next.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new