First Corals in a looong time

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if anyone caught my shipping thread question, some of you may know I bought an indo hammer frag. Well to add to that, I also bought some ricordea. These are my first corals in years, so here’s hoping they do well. Right now they are in my 2 gallon pico that has been running mainly empty for a few years. If it looks new that’s cause I re did the rock work to optimize flow. The last pic is no light as I turned off the lights to allow them to acclimate. The hammer is quite receded but should be fine once fully acclimated. Lighting is a NiCrew 30w that will be ran at 5% white and blue for acclimation purposes. The hammer came from Petco in Hampton Virginia. Got it for roughly 50% off as it was marked down due to “long stay” and they were running an additional 20% off all marine livestock. So trying not to shock it with too much light due to the fluorescents it was under.
The ricordea came from PetWorld, not sure what LED they were running but I could tell it wasn’t sufficient for the tank but we’ll see. Best deal on Ricordea I’ve seen in a while so couldn’t pass them up. Any who, on to the pictures: First is hammer in bag temp acclimating. Second is rics temp acclimating tank. And third should be all in tank. Hammer looks better than the pics show

B40AD284-FAAA-4CC4-97BD-5C4E5CA48FB6.jpeg B1E45BB7-E043-4DDD-A8D8-C2855653F6C1.jpeg 74B4F9F8-9684-42B6-B255-8C1B804B57A0.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back