• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First ever sexy sps growout!!!!!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all good Turbo, thanks for looking out! From this side of the fence after talking to Ty on the phone he seemed like a stand up guy. So in the best interest of this growout and me not being the only one was willing to spend an extra few bucks hoping to still have a chance of recovering some frags one day. But by others coming into a thread that they really had no idea what was going on outside of the thread, by bashing the grower lessons those chances. In the future please pm. Thanks! :)

BeakerBob

Moderator / Lab Rat
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, your concerns may be valid, but you cannot post unsupported accusations, disparaging remarks and completly off topic replies. Let's keep this thread civil and on topic. If there is a problem with a grower that cannot be worked out in PM's, take it to the SELLER / TRADER FEEDBACK forum and post facts.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all good Turbo, thanks for looking out! From this side of the fence after talking to Ty on the phone he seemed like a stand up guy. So in the best interest of this growout and me not being the only one was willing to spend an extra few bucks hoping to still have a chance of recovering some frags one day. But by others coming into a thread that they really had no idea what was going on outside of the thread, by bashing the grower lessons those chances. In the future please pm. Thanks! :)

So what is going on with this?

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ronnie, if you aren't involved in this grow out do not post in this thread again. You've already had posts removed once but still feel the need to comment. No more...

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His court date is on the 14th. He has already plead guilty to his charges and i guess the 14th is the sentencing date. Im assuming that once he gets locked up then these guys are going to try and get it resolved, that being the reason for the 14th.
Why happens on the 14th? You can pm me if you don't want the public commenting on everything.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you guys know Reefup "tyreese" has never been banned from r2r... He was actually a mod when this all started and then do to inactivity his mod privlages were pulled... He has never been banned from being a member so don't know how or where that came up.... Thanks..

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you guys know Reefup "tyreese" has never been banned from r2r... He was actually a mod when this all started and then do to inactivity his mod privlages were pulled... He has never been banned from being a member so don't know how or where that came up.... Thanks..

Which is exactly why several posts were removed from this thread, and will continue to be, if needed. Rumors and inappropriate accusations have no place, in this thread, or anywhere on R2R.

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is exactly why several posts were removed from this thread, and will continue to be, if needed. Rumors and inappropriate accusations have no place, in this thread, or anywhere on R2R.

I was told by a close personal friend of Tysens that he had been previously banned from r2r when there was a severe issue with a large order of corals that were paid for and the never shipped / doa and the issue was never resolved between the parties. That is all I know regarding that issue.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told by a close personal friend of Tysens that he had been previously banned from r2r when there was a severe issue with a large order of corals that were paid for and the never shipped / doa and the issue was never resolved between the parties. That is all I know regarding that issue.
Guess friends know more than the staff that runs this place..:tongue:

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's happen now? Any news??

As for this, I just called the Freemont county jail, and the clerk informed me that Tysens court date was suspended to either the 20th or the 28th. He will remain in the custody of the county until then as he has yet to post bail.

I was going to try and grab your guys' frags this weekend as I will be traveling back there, but it looks like since there is no way to get in direct contact with Tysen that this may not happen.

I am hoping for the best for you guys, but it doesn't look too good. In his 125 tank (where the frags are) he has many large tangs and other fishes. If one of these large fish were to die it would probably nuke the tank. I hope someone knowledgeable has been caring for the tank.

I will update again soon once I hear more.

Last edited:

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess friends know more than the staff that runs this place..:tongue:

Whatever you say bud. I'm just relaying information I hear and find relevant to those parties immediately financially involved in this and other grow outs hosted by Tysen aka Reefed Up. With so much money, time, and effort tied up in all of his grow outs I believe everyone has a right to know what is currently happening here in Idaho.

There is a current petition on the local IMAS boards to have him banned locally due to poor business ethics and choices (or lack there of) in regards to fellow Idahoan reefers.

idahoreefs.org

Once again, I am trying to help those actively involved in recovering what is rightfully theirs and not trying to foster any ill will or create slander. There are thousands of dollars tied up in Tysens tanks that do not rightfully belong soley to him. This situation needs to be taken care of swiftly and accurately.

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you say bud. I'm just relaying information I hear and find relevant to those parties immediately financially involved in this and other grow outs hosted by Tysen aka Reefed Up. With so much money, time, and effort tied up in all of his grow outs I believe everyone has a right to know what is currently happening here in Idaho.

There is a current petition on the local IMAS boards to have him banned locally due to poor business ethics and choices (or lack there of) in regards to fellow Idahoan reefers.

idahoreefs.org

Once again, I am trying to help those actively involved in recovering what is rightfully theirs and not trying to foster any ill will or create slander. There are thousands of dollars tied up in Tysens tanks that do not rightfully belong soley to him. This situation needs to be taken care of swiftly and accurately.
I agree 100% and hope it works out for the best for everyone involved... I was just simply stating he was never banned from r2r... It takes a lot to get banned here a deal gone south isn't one of them... Unless it was intentualy a scam etc... ;)

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100% and hope it works out for the best for everyone involved... I was just simply stating he was never banned from r2r... It takes a lot to get banned here a deal gone south isn't one of them... Unless it was intentualy a scam etc... ;)

I agree also. I'm sorry for sounding a bit standoffish. I misinterpreted what you said...haha. I'm just trying to do good for others and get that karma thing working in my favor! :D

Thanks for all your help too guys!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Troy lee, back to the beginning of this grow out when sexy corals was out of a few things and he was going to work something out with you to get the pieces to reefup.... did those pieces ever make it to reefup from you or sexy corals? I tryed asking him but never got a direct response, only that he sent some pieces to a guy named laird that is not a part of this grow out....he may be confused i dont know. But i dont recall those frags ever being transfered to reefup. I would have to dig back through to find out exactly which one's they were 2 of them i think was SOF and Strawberry Shortcake cant remember others..

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back