• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First ever sexy sps growout!!!!!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im throwing in the towel on this one guys! Havent heard from anyone and based on general reef keeping and the amount of time hes been in jail, everythings probably dead by now.....

OP
OP
R

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow i havent looked at this thread in a while and well im just speechless......wouldn't have ever thought this would have ever happened, me and him talked for a good bit and he seemed like a very respectable and trustworthy person (guess not), i hope he comes back around and everythings good
Speechless......

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im throwing in the towel on this one guys! Havent heard from anyone and based on general reef keeping and the amount of time hes been in jail, everythings probably dead by now.....

Last I heard (which was about two weeks ago) a local respected reefer was going over to his place to check on his tank about once every week to every 10 days. Other than that, I believe his mother has been doing the feeding, etc.

As far as Tysens predicament, I have yet to hear any news from that side of the state. I would assume that he is still being held, thus the reason for no word from him. I will try and get in contact with some of the guys I have had helping us on that side of the state later today and see what they have heard.

Keep the faith...they may still be alive and well!

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anything happening with this? Are we out our money?

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its time to throw the towel in on this one guys! Lesson learned...... Its a shame that theres people out there that can live with there self knowingly ripping people off! I hope this guy is banned from this site and many more!

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably not the time or place, and I obviously feel bad for anyone that lost time/money, but is anyone interested in starting a new SPS growout?

FlowerhornNYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very surprise that SexyCoral didn't had anything to say with this. I think there still some corals missing from the shipping but just want Mike to clear thing out with us many could hook us up with something else. It's sad to see thing happen to all of us like this.

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have oregon tort, hawkins echinata, red robin stag, red dragon, pink lemonade, joses rainbow, blueberry special, purple unknown, rainbow monti, bretts purple rim monti, and a few other sps I can get my hands on. I would be happy to send some sps out to a new grower. I will foot the shipping just have someone reimburse me afterwards. Tyson lives close to me I have met him a few times but I never thought he would just go silent after his incident. Always thought he was the type to make things right. Anyways if its something you guys are open to lmk and we can do it with as little risk to you guys as possible, like I said I will foot the shipping out of pocket first so no one is at risk, just reimburse me for it later. Hate to see something like this happen! Pm is best for getting ahold of me.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have oregon tort, hawkins echinata, red robin stag, red dragon, pink lemonade, joses rainbow, blueberry special, purple unknown, rainbow monti, bretts purple rim monti, and a few other sps I can get my hands on. I would be happy to send some sps out to a new grower. I will foot the shipping just have someone reimburse me afterwards. Tyson lives close to me I have met him a few times but I never thought he would just go silent after his incident. Always thought he was the type to make things right. Anyways if its something you guys are open to lmk and we can do it with as little risk to you guys as possible, like I said I will foot the shipping out of pocket first so no one is at risk, just reimburse me for it later. Hate to see something like this happen! Pm is best for getting ahold of me.

If you are being serious that would be beyond awesome. I'm willing to grow them out but my tank is just now recovering and plus I just did a growout and because of my unsteady schedule in school I am unable to maintain a steady update and communication schedule, so a different reefer is probably a better decision. I believe it was islander84 we were going to try to ship the frags to, maybe he can grow them.

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are being serious that would be beyond awesome. I'm willing to grow them out but my tank is just now recovering and plus I just did a growout and because of my unsteady schedule in school I am unable to maintain a steady update and communication schedule, so a different reefer is probably a better decision. I believe it was islander84 we were going to try to ship the frags to, maybe he can grow them.

Just get me an address and I can get you guys a list of sps I can get you and let you guys decide what you want. Talk with your guys and lmk I would be more than happy to try and help you guys recoup!

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get you guys cali tort, oregon tort, myagi tort, red dragon, tyree pink lemonade, jose casas rainbow milli, palmers blue millie, hawkins echinata, frag farmers red robin stag, purple unkown (prettiest acro I have ever seen), blue berry special, rose milli, pink milli, bali tricolor, nana tricolor, big branch bonsai, rainbow monti, purple haze monti, yellow base purple polyp monti(believe its called la laker monti) grafted monti, tyree flower pedal monti, reverse sunset aquatuburculata, tyree sunset monti, Idaho grap monti, superman monti (needs like 400 par to color) maybe a few I am missing. I am sincere in my desire to help you guys. come up with a reasonable list of sps for you guys to start to grow and get me an address and we will get you guys rolling again.

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very surprise that SexyCoral didn't had anything to say with this. I think there still some corals missing from the shipping but just want Mike to clear thing out with us many could hook us up with something else. It's sad to see thing happen to all of us like this.

There is a few things missing for sure, i will have to go back and look to see exactly what but i remember keeping a very close eye on what was recieved from SC.

I have oregon tort, hawkins echinata, red robin stag, red dragon, pink lemonade, joses rainbow, blueberry special, purple unknown, rainbow monti, bretts purple rim monti, and a few other sps I can get my hands on. I would be happy to send some sps out to a new grower. I will foot the shipping
just have someone reimburse me afterwards. Tyson lives close to me I have met him a few times but I never thought he would just go silent after his incident. Always thought he was the type to make things right. Anyways if its something you guys are open to lmk and we can do it with as little risk to you guys as possible, like I said I will foot the shipping out of pocket first so no one is at risk, just reimburse me for it later. Hate to see something like this happen! Pm is best for getting ahold of me.

If this is a legit offer i am completely grateful and speechless.

My tank is pretty solid right now but thats a big responsibility. I just sold my cal rx, so let me find some dosing pumps so i dont have to keep manually dosing and i will consider it. As of right now i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it, let me get a few pieces of equipment in place and we will go from there.

I need a pump for my skimmer as mine is hard starting so i took it offline incase of power outage was afraid it wont start back and burn up.....its a BB-HY3000
I need 2 dosing pumps

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got rid of my calcium reactor and switched to two part as well. Simpler and more quiet, have not sold my reactor yet. My tank is fully recovered from a recent crash and is now growing sps but like I mentioned I get very busy from time to time. Because of this my communication is very inconsistent.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got rid of my calcium reactor and switched to two part as well. Simpler and more quiet, have not sold my reactor yet. My tank is fully recovered from a recent crash and is now growing sps but like I mentioned I get very busy from time to time. Because of this my communication is very inconsistent.

What kind of tank crash did you have? I recently had a small episode but nothing major, i had stripped my tank too clean and had a few sps and lps recede a little but everything is back strong. I was underfeeding my tank and running protein skimmer, filter sock, gfo, and huge refugium. I slowly made one change at a time and simply narrowed it down to ulns being underfed.....

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys just let me know when you think your getting close so I can frag stuff and get it healing. I know its not the same list you guys orginally went in on but there is still some good sticks! I also have a strawberry shortcake colony I can frag that looks very similiar to the fuego from sc. Keep me posted on what you guys decide!

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on this in July...I guess there is some hope left after all!

I was going to grow out some as well but right now my entire frag rack and half my aquascape is covered in local grow out frags.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back