• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns or royal gramma. Both peaceful and hardy.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first fish were damsels. 30+ years ago that was an accepted way to cycle your tank. Not so much anymore!

AFTER your tank is cycled, you need to decide just what sort of tank you want, be it a reef (and if so SPS, LPS,Softies, mixed) or fish only (friendly/peaceful or predator)

Whatever you decide, get the least aggressive fish first and then build from there. My DT is a mostly SPS mixed reef, so for that I would go with blennies/gobies, firefish, cardinals, etc at first. Once they are established you can start adding wrasses and other more active fish. If your tank is suitable, some angels and tangs make fine additions to a reef.

The only ones on your list I would avoid are the dottybacks (they go rogue sooner or later in many systems and are darn near impossible to catch) and the mollies (you have to acclimate them slowly to saltwater and, well, at least IMHO, they look out of place in a marine tank)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back