First ICP (ATI) for my 20g AIO

robertpdx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a little over a year old now, everything is doing well other than a pink goni that has struggled a long time (there is another blue-green goni that is thriving), and a good deal of GHA but it is steadily going away. Mixed reef with SPS, LPS, zoas, palys, 3 small fish (coris wrasse, pajama cardinal, purple firefish), 3 peppermint shrimps, 2 emerald crabs, 3 hermits, 3 snails.

I'm curious about the aluminum, iron and tin. I have a Skimz powerhead and a Sicce return pump in there along with a Neotherm heater. There is no activated carbon or other media, just a filter sock and an airline skimmer. Months ago I did use Purit and Phosban to combat the algae but later removed it. Dosing consists of ESV B-Ionic 2-part and Microbacter, and Fritz Mg as needed. Salt mix is Tropic Marin classic. The cover net/screen frame is aluminum. The report suggests dosing iodine and possibly vanadium and manganese.

Anything to be particularly concerned with? RODI tested 0 for all elements.

(Display) //lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/0e3d1ca78d13b64bbaf4
(RODI) //lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/a27bad27eae7c4ff3842

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think any of those are an issue.

Salinity is pretty low and I'd raise it. That rise will also boost potassium back to normal.

I might bring up phosphate to avoid dino risk.

Some folks think manganese helps with goniopora, so you might look for a supplement:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back