First inhabitants in 10g

reefydude360

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added the first inhabitants in my little nano about a day ago and figured to show some pics :) I added two small hermits as my initial cuc but the red one tried to murder the blue one so I have banished him into the filter for now until I get some empty shells. Will add a couple of ceriths and probably a trochus as alot of film algae is appearing on the glass. Added a small zoa colony to test out the lights and flow along with a green paly and a mushroom.
40D7E5CC-BDBC-4B06-8093-12FD736A10A9.jpeg
CBDF706C-63D0-479F-AF0D-D4C8244FFF5B.jpeg
9D3FBA8C-E6F4-4361-9143-5E1413F6E57E.jpeg
ACC1F9FE-C4F5-4727-BDE1-F06C8A2A9271.jpeg
E0792ECB-8F42-47C2-A66C-87D4270852D1.jpeg
41B1070F-66E8-4A60-A38B-592B9178C2E7.jpeg
 
Just added the first inhabitants in my little nano about a day ago and figured to show some pics :) I added two small hermits as my initial cuc but the red one tried to murder the blue one so I have banished him into the filter for now until I get some empty shells. Will add a couple of ceriths and probably a trochus as alot of film algae is appearing on the glass. Added a small zoa colony to test out the lights and flow along with a green paly and a mushroom.
40D7E5CC-BDBC-4B06-8093-12FD736A10A9.jpeg
CBDF706C-63D0-479F-AF0D-D4C8244FFF5B.jpeg
9D3FBA8C-E6F4-4361-9143-5E1413F6E57E.jpeg
ACC1F9FE-C4F5-4727-BDE1-F06C8A2A9271.jpeg
E0792ECB-8F42-47C2-A66C-87D4270852D1.jpeg
41B1070F-66E8-4A60-A38B-592B9178C2E7.jpeg
CBDF706C-63D0-479F-AF0D-D4C8244FFF5B.jpeg
9D3FBA8C-E6F4-4361-9143-5E1413F6E57E.jpeg
ACC1F9FE-C4F5-4727-BDE1-F06C8A2A9271.jpeg
E0792ECB-8F42-47C2-A66C-87D4270852D1.jpeg
Man I wish I could go back to these days, it's always so fun getting into the hobby for the first time and adding your first inhabitants. Cool critters :)
 
Congrats on taking the leap into saltwater! I would definitely suggest adding a powerhead for more flow. The aquaclear itself will not be enough.
 
Man I wish I could go back to these days, it's always so fun getting into the hobby for the first time and adding your first inhabitants. Cool critters :)
It’s super exciting! And easy to go overboard with :( sadly I had to learn my lesson the hard way a couple of years back when I first tried my hand at a saltwater tank.

Congrats on taking the leap into saltwater! I would definitely suggest adding a powerhead for more flow. The aquaclear itself will not be enough.

Thank you! More flow? Its the ac 70 that has 300 gph more or less and the tank is just 10g which gives me in theory 30x turnover or is like flow direction more important? I was basing this little tank on the youtube channel Inappropriate reefer that has had basically this setup for awhile now.
 
Thank you! More flow? Its the ac 70 that has 300 gph more or less and the tank is just 10g which gives me in theory 30x turnover or is like flow direction more important? I was basing this little tank on the youtube channel Inappropriate reefer that has had basically this setup for awhile now.

Oh okay. I didnt realize it was an AC70.
Also depends on what type of corals you decide to keep.
But yes flow direction is important as well so you don't get dead spots.
Those areas will collect detritus and your Aquaclear wont be able to filter it out.
I'd say keep doing what you're doing now and as you add more corals just keep an eye out to see how everything responds.

I keep an SPS dominated reef so high flow is important to me. I have ~100x turnover rate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new