First mushroom - tips?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I have an orange mushroom. Nothing fancy, just a $10 frag, the thing is between the size of a nickel and a quarter... I've had it for over a month - it's not growing and it's not shrinking... it just seems to "be". :)

The tank is a 5x2x2. The mushroom is placed near the bottom... 18" down... low flow area.

(other corals in the tank are doing well)

Any tips on where it might do better? I figured I'd just move it up a bit into more light and to a little more flow... see what happens?

Thanks for your expertise!
 
Shrooms are weird. They will detach themselves from the rock and float somewhere that they like better if they don't like your placement.
 
Don't do more flow lol it will float off. They do better in less-clean water since they filter water. You could always dirty things up a bit! I had to do that for zoas/palys too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new