First Non-Nano Build

dang, that's sad. I sent info and pic just before you messaged me. So, I don't know if you saw what I said. I added a picture, too, since people usually request one when solving problems.
I replied above, sorry for the confusion!
 
I utilized a different method.

I purchased a “reactor” off Amazon and some chaeto from my LFS. I put the return pump into the back of the tank and plumped some vinyl tubing into a small black tote from Lowe’s. I then got some grow lights and light strips off Amazon and put them in the black tub. I’ll attach some photos for you as well. It’s crude and ugly, but it’s worked just fine for 10 months now.

I ended up removing the LED strips because it was too bright.
I totally missed this!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new