First Online Purchase

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made my first online purchase today. Purchased a Starki Damsel, Watchman Goby and Pistol shrimp, then a Humu Trigger for my FOWLR. Went with Bluezoo. Nervous about it all just because it's being shipped to Ohio from Cali.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made my first online purchase today. Purchased a Starki Damsel, Watchman Goby and Pistol shrimp, then a Humu Trigger for my FOWLR. Went with Bluezoo. Nervous about it all just because it's being shipped to Ohio from Cali.
Ask them the salinity the fish will arrive at and ensure your receiving tanks are not a lot higher than that, raising salinity is tough on shipped fish, better to adjust your tanks in advance….and quarantine is always important!

Jay

OP
OP
aws2266

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask them the salinity the fish will arrive at and ensure your receiving tanks are not a lot higher than that, raising salinity is tough on shipped fish, better to adjust your tanks in advance….and quarantine is always important!

Thanks for the advice. I got my shipment in on Tuesday and everyone is doing great.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
And (imo) they will give you a total guess. just test SG when you get them in bags and adjust on the fly

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back