• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

First order from Fishy Business Aquatics

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my first order from @FishyBusinessAq today and wanted to start a thread to relate my experiences.

I ordered three fairy wrasses (C. exquisitus, C. aurantidorsalis and C. isoscoles). I originally ordered them to be delivered yesterday but received a call on Thursday afternoon alerting me to some issues with the UPS hub in Kentucky that could endanger the delivery. I appreciate the personal call and the concern they showed for a healthy delivery. We rescheduled for today pending resolution of the shipping issues that were out of their control.

The fish arrived at approximately 11 am. The packing was excellent with adequate temp management. The water temp on arrival was very good at 77.8. The fish looked good and vigorous in the bags. I used a needle to draw a small amount of water to check salinity and it was 1.020 just as they had promised. After acclimation they were introduced to the QT and look great. Colors are excellent. The orange back was very nice size, bigger than expected. The Exquisite was a little small but had excellent color. The Pintail was the very pleasant surprise....it was very large for a pintail and the nicest specimen I've seen in a while. Color was outstanding. All 3 fish ate within 2 hours of acclimation!

I'm very pleased with this order and the quality of the fish. To be balanced the only negative I could site would be the relatively small water volumes the fish were shipped in. However, you can't argue with success as the fish arrived in excellent condition and the C. isoscoles is pretty known to not ship particularly well. If the weather had been worse or the shipment delayed this might have been an issue.

I'll document their progression through QT.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back