First Phyto run

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the old adage states, if I can do it so can you.
I read and viewed many threads and videos regarding the subject and threw my hat in the ring.
My biggest concern was crashing because of contamination. But if you're careful you can do it.
This upcoming week I am getting pods and I'm going to try my hand at them in order to supplement my mandarins habit lol.

You can see that after only 4 days the phyto is significantly darker than in the first picture.
It's amazing how the hobby has advanced in 25 years!!!
20210611_160328.jpg
20210613_200608.jpg

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Save about 10-20% of it in a different container while you clean all film/gunk from inside your brewing container.

You don't have to disinfect it other than using tap water and a bottle brush and scrub the insides so it's film/gunk free.

Once clean, pour your 10-20% back in, topoff the other 80-90% with new saltwater, add fertilizer. away you go!

try and go as long as you can brewing and rebrewing by regeneration of 10-20%

As an emergency backup, keep 10% in a bottle in the fridge in case everything crashes. Refrigerated batch lasts 30-45 days. All the green will be at the bottom of the fridge batch. Alert everyone that's its not Mt Dew...they'll get quite a surprise on the first gulp

Once you find the groove, you can keep brewing for a long time on batches

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Save about 10-20% of it in a different container while you clean all film/gunk from inside your brewing container.

You don't have to disinfect it other than using tap water and a bottle brush and scrub the insides so it's film/gunk free.

Once clean, pour your 10-20% back in, topoff the other 80-90% with new saltwater, add fertilizer. away you go!

As an emergency backup, keep 10% in a bottle in the fridge in case everything crashes. Refrigerated batch lasts 30-45 days. All the green will be at the bottom of the fridge batch.

Thanks, per what I have read, I'll be doing that at the 7 day mark.
Again, thanks for the advice!!!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the old adage states, if I can do it so can you.
I read and viewed many threads and videos regarding the subject and threw my hat in the ring.
My biggest concern was crashing because of contamination. But if you're careful you can do it.
This upcoming week I am getting pods and I'm going to try my hand at them in order to supplement my mandarins habit lol.

You can see that after only 4 days the phyto is significantly darker than in the first picture.
It's amazing how the hobby has advanced in 25 years!!!
20210611_160328.jpg
20210613_200608.jpg
Good job; what fertilizer do you use?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

As an emergency backup, keep 10% in a bottle in the fridge in case everything crashes. Refrigerated batch lasts 30-45 days. All the green will be at the bottom of the fridge batch. Alert everyone that's its not Mt Dew...they'll get quite a surprise on the first gulp

That’s why I don’t do this. It does not taste like Mt Dew at all!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back