First post and first reef tank

welcome.jpg
 
Hi I'm relatively new to the saltwater side of fishkeeping but, I've been working at an lfs for a year and everything's aligned and now I have my first reef tank. It's a waterbox cube 20 and my goals are to keep sps in it.
But here are my fish so far:
Helfrichi firefish (Nemateleotris helfrichi)
Orangemarked goby (Amblygobius decussatus)
Pearly jawfish (Opistognathus aurifrons)

I plan to add a possum wrasse and a cryptic wrasse and more coral.

PXL_20220804_034650969.jpg PXL_20220802_032433224.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'd be interested to hear how your jawfish does with your current sand amount. I'd given up on my jawfish dreams, but seeing your photo sparks that dream (cautiously...)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Seattle:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new