First Post/First Reef/SW Build

BlitzCreations

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
19
Location
kansas
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R, I’ve been a longtime lurking admirer of all the beautiful setups and healthy marine life since I was a young adult.

I have finally gotten an opportunity to get my own aqua-paradise established when I came across an older stand with a “65gal” acrylic tank on marketplace for $80. Obviously I hopped on that deal as quick as I could.

The dimensions (60x18x16) indicate it is a 75 gal. I have a 20long and acrylic sheets to make a sump.

That being said, I’m looking for any tips, tricks or suggestions along the way. I’m trying to be as budget conscious as possible, but I figured it would be good to start documenting my build here as this place is my inspiration.


20260119_142647_6928D353-AF2E-40D5-9402-95FBBD5618E1.png
Here’s a picture of it all together from the listing.
I hope to do a bean animal style overflow, but other than that I’m unplanned.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new