First Post - New 25Gal Tank!

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef to Reef.

Are Looking for success?......Follow the instructions your Bucket under your tank in your posted photo. LOL

How? is another more complicated answer, but your statement "patience" is key. I'll add "determination" as another necessary ingredient.

WIshing you all the best.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community!!

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

My wife recently suggested we get a 5gal fish tank, I grew up with a 125gal FOWLR setup that I helped my dad with so I was pretty excited... After some negotiating and looking at what fish we would want we settled on a larger tank with the stipulation that she wanted rimless (win win). Ended up getting a Mr. Aqua 25gal cube setting it up for FOWLR planning to add a pair of clowns when the cycle is done!

I started the Cycle about 5 days ago with Dr. Tims one and only dosing with the ammonia chloride solution for a fishless cycle. I am eager to get some fish in it but know I need to be patient :rolleyes:

Looking forward to sharing more pictures and using this resource when I need help!

fishtank.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Great hobby for the two of you. We share 'ownership' of the tank - its always mine when its cleaning time (LOL).

+1 vote build thread like others already mentioned - Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a useful reference book type article, if you haven't yet found it:

OP
OP
J

JGoog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Great hobby for the two of you. We share 'ownership' of the tank - its always mine when its cleaning time (LOL).

+1 vote build thread like others already mentioned - Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a useful reference book type article, if you haven't yet found it:
I will go ahead and start a build thread! I saw my first signs of the cycle starting this morning, for now I am not touching anything. :D

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

My wife recently suggested we get a 5gal fish tank, I grew up with a 125gal FOWLR setup that I helped my dad with so I was pretty excited... After some negotiating and looking at what fish we would want we settled on a larger tank with the stipulation that she wanted rimless (win win). Ended up getting a Mr. Aqua 25gal cube setting it up for FOWLR planning to add a pair of clowns when the cycle is done!

I started the Cycle about 5 days ago with Dr. Tims one and only dosing with the ammonia chloride solution for a fishless cycle. I am eager to get some fish in it but know I need to be patient :rolleyes:

Looking forward to sharing more pictures and using this resource when I need help!

fishtank.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back