OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I just started up my first reef tank not too long ago and I’m excited to be apart of the community!

I have a 46 gallon bow front oceanic tank with two clownfish, CUC, 1 starfish, 1 frogspawn, misc Zola and palys and some GSP!

BB632D27-E947-47F1-90B2-694A476852CC.jpeg
I also have a goby if some sort that’s paired with a pistol shrimp I forgot to add that part!

image.jpg

OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!! Friendly advice right off the bat, starfish in a new tank tends to be bad. Nothing to eat!!! I dunno if the have foods for them specifically but if they do I'd get some!!! Other than that welcome and have fun this place is awesome
Unfortunately I didn’t know that until recently...I’ve been pretty worried. I think it may have eaten the nerite eggs off of the glass and I actually just spot fed it a mysis and it seems to be eating! It also seems to be very active. I just took the little shrimp and stuffed it by it’s mouth while it was on the glass.

9BCD799A-6E80-40A6-A332-F57AA156880F.png

OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank what kind of starfish is it? How old is the tank.
I'm not 100% sure on the type. Looks like your super standard found it on the beach starfish! The tank is roughly 2 months? Parameters all looks great and everything is super happy!

OP
OP
TheTangFuzz

TheTangFuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey welcome! I'm a fairly new member of the reef community as well! my tank is much smaller though haha i have a very tiny nano reef.

hey welcome! I'm a fairly new member of the reef community as well! my tank is much smaller though haha i have a very tiny nano reef.
Your tank is beautiful! I hope I can grow those corals in the future! What are the big puffy ones?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back